Is Meta Llama 3 free to use?

recommended
I
You can sign up for a free account on Hugging Face, select the Meta Llama 3: seventy billion parameters instructor model, and activate it.
I

Impossible Angle

You can sign up for a free account on Hugging Face, select the Meta Llama 3: seventy billion parameters instructor model, and activate it.

recommended
F

Flowman

How ironic that Meta, a company infamous for its closed ecosystem, is now leading the charge for open-source AI models on par with OpenAI's ChatGPT-4. The artificial intelligence world had better brace itself for some serious disruption.

R

RyanOskey

How ironic that Meta, a company infamous for its closed ecosystem, is now leading the charge for open-source AI models on par with OpenAI's ChatGPT-4. The artificial intelligence world had better brace itself for some serious disruption.

They have open-sourced and supported JavaScript React—the library for web and native user interfaces—for a long time. Many tech companies now rely heavily on it.

M

MusicianMike

It's probably the only way to slow down or disrupt OpenAI and Anthropic.

K

Kannon

I just tested it. It blows my mind. It generated an image in two seconds that was on par with Midjourney V6, and it animated the damn thing. Who would have thought that the same people who'd rather have you join their cult than leave their walled garden would suddenly have a heart for open-source AI? I get it; the purpose is to gain market share, but they are in the lead right now.

B

bridge4captain

It's crazy how it beats Anthropic's Claude 3 Sonnet. the model is not even free for some people anymore since Anthropic changed their free model to Haiku. In comparison, Llama 3 is not only open source, it's also free! (limited to available countries though).

M

M44t

Is stuff like this is gonna get hate from writers or authors?

I mean in terms of how AI generators are hated by traditional artists.

S

Storyboys

Is stuff like this is gonna get hate from writers or authors?

I mean in terms of how AI generators are hated by traditional artists.

"AI art" is a good term for a term that involves AI as a key part of making art. "Digital artist" has been a thing for a long time, where we use software instead of oil and canvas to make pictures. It's art, AI helped, it's fine - from a digital artist playing with AI tools. There's definitely skill involved in getting the images you want out of AI tools instead of just being okay with whatever it gives you. We're using chainsaws now instead of hatchets. Much better than gnawing on trees with our teeth. Imagine what the internet would be like if all artwork had to be painted by hand.