Numero Uno

grand master
What are your thoughts on the #MuteRKelly movement and how it relates to the #MeToo movement? Do you think the fate of R. Kelly is going to end just like Bill Cosby?

The #MuteRKelly movement calls for R. Kelly's legacy and music career to be abandoned in the wake of sexual assault allegations.

The #MuteRKelly campaign also goes further to encourage and enforce effective measures that make sure all upcoming R. Kelly shows are canceled so as to highlight the mandate of the #MuteRKelly movement.

Attachments

• Mute R. Kelly - MuteRKelly.jpg
    Mute R. Kelly - MuteRKelly.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 321

Scorpio

grand master
They can mute R. Kelly's music if they want to. But for me nah. I am gonna separate a man's private life and his music.

People have to separate a man and his art because no one is earth is perfect including all those self-righteous bigots.

And why don't those women go after Harvey Weinstein like this?

Black Panther

grand master
They can mute R. Kelly's music if they want to. But for me nah. I am gonna separate a man's private life and his music.

People have to separate a man and his art because no one is earth is perfect including all those self-righteous bigots.

And why don't those women go after Harvey Weinstein like this?

Harvey Weinstein has multiple lawsuits he's fighting right now. He owned a giant production company - Weinstein Company, of which he stepped due to sexual harassment accusations.

Harvey Weinstein had more clout than most of the other people who were brought down during the time when Harvey Weinstein was in the news hence literally every other major #MeToo perpetrator's career has essentially ended.

Scorpio

grand master
Harvey Weinstein has multiple lawsuits he's fighting right now. He owned a giant production company - Weinstein Company, of which he stepped due to sexual harassment accusations.

Harvey Weinstein had more clout than most of the other people who were brought down during the time when Harvey Weinstein was in the news hence literally every other major #MeToo perpetrator's career has essentially ended.

They are just trying to keep the black man down! :cautious: Looks like this is a group mentality. Funny how this wasn't mentioned until now.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Even if he is guilty, the people that got involved with R. Kelly knew what this guy was about. People were still playing his music.

It was only because of various social changes that they started going after him. I mean, if he's guilty he should've been taken down a long time ago.

I think he got off like most rich and famous celebrities. But when the Bill Cosby story popped up, they started bringing up R. Kelly, Kobe Bryant, Nate Parker as well as others who had rape charges against them but were dropped.

Numero Uno

grand master
So Tariq Nasheed thinks WOC started the #MuteRKelly as a means to portray black men as being utterly vile towards black women.

Attachments

• Tariq Nasheed on MuteRKELLY.jpg
    Tariq Nasheed on MuteRKELLY.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 294