What were the controversial comments made by Marques Barrett Houston?

recommended
C
Well, he done got himself in some hot water lately over some comments he made 'bout single mothers.

See, Marques took to social media to try and clear the air 'bout what he said 'bout single moms. 'Cause apparently, he called them "red flags" and said he wouldn't date no woman with kids 'cause of all her "baggage." Now, them's some pretty harsh words to be sayin' 'bout single moms, don't you think?

But Marques, he's tryin' to set the record straight. He's sayin' that his words were taken outta context, and he didn't mean to disrespect nobody. But, you know, once somethin' like that's out there, it's hard to take it back.

Personally, I don't agree with Marques. I mean, I know some single moms who are doin' an amazing job raisin'...
C

Cherine

Well, he done got himself in some hot water lately over some comments he made 'bout single mothers.

See, Marques took to social media to try and clear the air 'bout what he said 'bout single moms. 'Cause apparently, he called them "red flags" and said he wouldn't date no woman with kids 'cause of all her "baggage." Now, them's some pretty harsh words to be sayin' 'bout single moms, don't you think?

But Marques, he's tryin' to set the record straight. He's sayin' that his words were taken outta context, and he didn't mean to disrespect nobody. But, you know, once somethin' like that's out there, it's hard to take it back.

Personally, I don't agree with Marques. I mean, I know some single moms who are doin' an amazing job raisin' their kids all on their own. And just 'cause they got kids don't mean they're not worth datin'. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Attachments

• Marques Barrett Houston sosho media apology for what he said about single mothers (mvana).png
    Marques Barrett Houston sosho media apology for what he said about single mothers (mvana).png
    244.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Jerome Jones (aka Young Rome) opinion about what Marques Barrett Houston said in regard to si...jpeg
    Jerome Jones (aka Young Rome) opinion about what Marques Barrett Houston said in regard to si...jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 30
recommended
R

Rudebwoy

It's a shame Marques Houston has to date a woman that young. There are plenty of women in his age group, with no kids. Harder to find but they're out there.

K

Killmonger

Dude didn't disrespect women in any form shape or fashion,he spoke on what's for him. These old broads just don't like it, cause it makes them feel bad about their lack of options for marriage.

C

Carwyn

Dude didn't disrespect women in any form shape or fashion,he spoke on what's for him. These old broads just don't like it, cause it makes them feel bad about their lack of options for marriage.

Nah bro it's gross. He has allegedly known the girl since she was like 17 and basically waited until she was legal to date her. That's called grooming and it's disgusting.

K

Killmonger

Nah bro it's gross. He has allegedly known the girl since she was like 17 and basically waited until she was legal to date her. That's called grooming and it's disgusting.

Saying nah, means you're saying I said something wrong, but I didn't. Some of these old unmarried women are in their feelings cause men of means their age would prefer a younger adult lady with fewer miles.

D

Darth Vader

I don't see anything wrong with Marques Barrett Houston's statements. He likes what he likes. As for Young Rome (Jerome Jones), he is just trying to get his name back in the news. How are you grieving but having time to speak on something so petty?

H

Herod

I don't see anything wrong with Marques Barrett Houston's statements. He likes what he likes. As for Young Rome (Jerome Jones), he is just trying to get his name back in the news. How are you grieving but having time to speak on something so petty?

Nothing is wrong with his feelings. l agree that a man shouldn't marry a single mother if he doesn't want to. But you have to remember, that the fans of the group are women his age, and isolating them doesn't give him points. If they want to do a project, do you think his fans, most likely single mothers, do you think he should count on their support?

V

Vasthy

Nothing is wrong with his feelings. l agree that a man shouldn't marry a single mother if he doesn't want to. But you have to remember, that the fans of the group are women his age, and isolating them doesn't give him points. If they want to do a project, do you think his fans, most likely single mothers, do you think he should count on their support?

Good point.

Z

Zbigniew

I do wonder though if his words were in response to men and women (possibly some of those same women who were his fans) talking negatively about him and his marriage?

F

Fugazi Mane

I do wonder though if his words were in response to men and women (possibly some of those same women who were his fans) talking negatively about him and his marriage?

I actually watched the interview and the interviewer never even brought up the topic of his wife. He was the one who brought it up. He started by saying how much he loved his wife and then started to speak about marrying a woman his age. Possibly, his own family had also brought it up. But there was no attack that made it necessary for him to defend himself.

He was making himself sound as if he was a sex symbol and that a lot of women his age were after him and that he rejected them because they were single mothers or had baggage. He was making himself seem so desirable by looking down on single mothers and women his age.

I

Idris

The older men who say that they date younger because older women have "baggage", are the literal definition of irony. These older men are the reason these older women have baggage. They treat women like dirt in most of their younger years, but when they're old and getting washed up, they want to settle down.

The kicker is that they would rather settle down with someone who has yet to experience much of a dating life other than high school love. What's sad is that they then put these younger women through the same trauma they put the older women with "baggage" through.

E

Emer

Marques Barrett Houston was saying that because women his age are not easy to manipulate. Just because women have children from a previous relationships doesn't mean all of them have baggage. Men also have baggage as well.

D

Dru-Zod

"Older women have baggage" = Older women have life experience and I can't fool or manipulate one.

No, it means older women have a backlog of unresolved trauma that inevitably affects new relationships, as well as kids and baby daddies. Younger more fertile women without years of trauma from hoe phases and broken relationships are going to be more attractive as a result!