Vana vaPapa

Discussion thread: controversial self-styled prophets in Zimbabwe

G

Gadzai

What's better chiKristu or Chivanhu?

I have heard of people who mix both too.

I mean wouldn't there be a contradiction in doing so?

What's better chiKristu or Chivanhu?

I have heard of people who mix both too.

I mean wouldn't there be a contradiction in doing so?

Well, often people who decide to practice both tend to do it covertly because Chivanhu involves necromancy and this is where one of the major conflicts between the two comes into play since many Christians argue that necromancy is a sin. Hence, if you openly admit to people that you are interested in both (i.e. chiKristu or Chivanhu) you will run into the risk of being excommunicated eventually.

Isaiah 8:19
And when they say to you, "Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter," should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living?

Leviticus 19:31
You must not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out, or you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

M

Munonoki

Christians are very intolerant. Yavo belief ndiyo badzi iri correct.

It's the same reason why Christianity doesn't align with Judaism.

What about vanhu vakararama shoko raKristu risati ravepo are they condemned?

C

Claudius

@Munonoki you can't serve two masters.

Matthew 6:24
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Nehanda

@Munonoki you can't serve two masters.

I kinda get the point you are trying to make about the notion of serving two masters; however, that verse you've quoted right there is about devoting most of your time to either Jehovah or the pursuit of worldly material riches ("mammon").

Nevertheless, a much more suitable contextual reference in regard to the discussion at hand is actually from the 1st Book of Kings chapter 18, verse 21 which I have quoted below for you:

1 Kings 18:21
And Elijah came to all the people, and said, "How long will you falter between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him." But the people answered him not a word.

J

Julia

As for me, over the years I have learned not to judge whatever people believe in (i.e. particularly when it comes to different Church doctrines and all that stuff) as long as tichinamata Mwari mumwe chete.

My only confusion is whether Musikavanhu from the perspective of Chivanhu or ATR (African Traditional Religion) is similar to Jehovah. It may be a case of semantics I don't know really.

There goes yours truly Panganai Java hanging out with none other than Somizi Buyani Mhlongo.

Attachments

• Panganai Java (aka Prophet Passion Java) and Somizi Buyani Mhlongo - IMG3.jpg
    Panganai Java (aka Prophet Passion Java) and Somizi Buyani Mhlongo - IMG3.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Panganai Java (aka Prophet Passion Java) and Somizi Buyani Mhlongo - IMG1.jpg.jpg
    Panganai Java (aka Prophet Passion Java) and Somizi Buyani Mhlongo - IMG1.jpg.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Panganai Java (aka Prophet Passion Java) and Somizi Buyani Mhlongo - IMG2.jpg.jpg
    Panganai Java (aka Prophet Passion Java) and Somizi Buyani Mhlongo - IMG2.jpg.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 89
M

Mufushwa

Talent Madungwe prophecy about E.D. Mnangagwa winning next year's elections.

D

Denzel Denver-Delaware

So now Yadah now has a Paypal account.

Attachments

• Walter Magaya yadah partners.jpg
    Walter Magaya yadah partners.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 46
N

NWO Prime Minister

Meanwhile, there's an ongoing debate in England about closing down churches because people are no longer paying attention to the Christian religion. But for my country na big business.

N

Nhlakanipho

So now Yadah now has a Paypal account.

I don't know what they will use that money for. But I just wanna say that both giving to support the work of God and to the poor attracts blessings from God. However, giving should be done according to the leading and inclination of the spirit both to God and to the poor.

There are genuine beggars and there are also beggars who use the money given to them by people to do rituals so it’s very important that we give according to the inclination of the spirit.

S

Shadab

It is better to give to the poor than to give to your pastor wearing a three-piece suit shouting on stage that you are giving to God. In fact, the best way to give to God is to give to the poor.

B

Benzorghini

It is better to give to the poor than to give to your pastor wearing a three-piece suit shouting on stage that you are giving to God. In fact, the best way to give to God is to give to the poor.

You're very right. If you give to the poor. You are sowing seeds for happiness in your future. In most cases, life rewards.

Latest resources