How can I offer mix and mastering services without a portfolio?

recommended
H
Starting without a portfolio can be tough, but here are some tips:
  • Offer discounted rates for new clients to build up your portfolio.
  • Collaborate with other musicians or producers who need mixing and mastering work done.
  • Share snippets of your mixes on social media to showcase your skills.
  • Be transparent about your experience level and emphasize your commitment to learning and improving.
  • Network within the music community to find potential clients.
  • Also, consider offering free trials to demonstrate your abilities.
H

Hunter Delevingne

Starting without a portfolio can be tough, but here are some tips:
  • Offer discounted rates for new clients to build up your portfolio.
  • Collaborate with other musicians or producers who need mixing and mastering work done.
  • Share snippets of your mixes on social media to showcase your skills.
  • Be transparent about your experience level and emphasize your commitment to learning and improving.
  • Network within the music community to find potential clients.
  • Also, consider offering free trials to demonstrate your abilities.

recommended
F

Fancy Combination

I know it sucks but offer a few for free on that online marketplace for freelance services i.e., Fiverr and then ask them to leave honest reviews. After a while, you can start charging and Fiverr will be your portfolio.

Q

QuantumMemeLord

Man, a couple of months ago you were asking beginner questions on this forum and now you are trying to offer mix and mastering services, lol. I still wish you all the best though.

E

Escopaul

You cannot, that would be like a fast food restaurant opening up without ever having made a burger before. You need customers to create a portfolio and a portfolio to create customers.

G

Gregib

Man, a couple of months ago you were asking beginner questions on this forum and now you are trying to offer mix and mastering services, lol. I still wish you all the best though.

Some people need years of studying and practice to become good mixing and/or mastering engineers and some can reach the highest skills in just a couple of months. Unbelievable, right?

C

Congo Dust

It's kinda like attempting to become the CEO of a global company without a good curriculum vitae, a degree, or any references: you just don't. Nonetheless, there are some people who create websites with fake reviews and stuff like that.

F

Fuego

One classic method is to find a local band you like and approach them to do something for free with them. Maybe get a 3 song demo done. Give them something they can use without it being a massive undertaking like a full album.