Bla Jedza

apprentice
Payola it's been a thing in the record industry since the 50s.

If Radio stations have to pay back music royalties to artists after playing their songs.

I am thinking, how does payola make sense in the first place? Another question is why bother to get on the radio when you have the internet?

Black Panther

grand master
If Radio stations have to pay back music royalties to artists after playing their songs.

I am thinking, how does payola make sense in the first place? Another question is why bother to get on the radio when you have the internet?

Because mainstream Radio it’s still a part of music charts even if no one is listening to the radio like they used to back in the day.

Scorpio

grand master

Just like @Black Panther said—payola it’s all about manipulating the numbers and the minds of music fans.

In addition, online music streaming is just radio but in a different format. Take a look at the biggest online music playlists -- they all got the same songs from the same artists - LOL. :LOL::LOL: