recommended
In chiShona culture mvana is a woman who has a child (or children) out of wedlock and is still single—not married; or a woman who happens to be a divorcée whilst at the same time having one child (or more).

Bear in mind the word itself "mvana" is often thought of as derogatory.

I suppose this may be due to how some people use it.

Now here are other title names referring to the current status of a woman muChivanhu ("Shona culture"):

EnglishchiShona
Married womanMudzimai, Mai Mwana (or mukadzi wemunhu)
WidowShirikadzi
Maiden (virgin)Mhandara
Deflowered (non-virgin young woman)

Scorpio

grand master
In chiShona culture mvana is a woman who has a child (or children) out of wedlock and is still single—not married; or a woman who happens to be a divorcée whilst at the same time having one child (or more).

Bear in mind the word itself "mvana" is often thought of as derogatory.

I suppose this may be due to how some people use it.

Now here are other title names referring to the current status of a woman muChivanhu ("Shona culture"):

EnglishchiShona
Married womanMudzimai, Mai Mwana (or mukadzi wemunhu)
WidowShirikadzi
Maiden (virgin)Mhandara
Deflowered (non-virgin young woman)Musikana
Any mature woman (virgin or not)Mukadzi
Single mother (or a single divorcée)Mvana or bvana
Any woman who has given birth but is still married to her husbandMumvana
SpinsterTsikombi

P.S. There is also mvana mubhurugwa which means a woman who aborted her own baby without the help of a healthcare professional. Of course, abortion that's a topic constantly debated in contemporary times.

recommended
L

Leroy

Yes, there should be a new politically correct word that doesn't have negative connotations.

That is a silly proposition if I have ever heard of one. What makes you think the same thing won't happen? And if it does happen—which is pretty obvious it will—we should have a new word again, and again? You know what? Something tells me y'all are slow. I don't mean any shade at all. I always come in peace. But hey, lol. You gotta be kidding me.

A

Ashurbanipal

Being a stepdad is the job of a simp. No deij is worth doing all that volunteer work for. It's not a good job for a fella to raise another man's child even if deijs shame you into doing so. You get absolutely nothing out of the deal. It's a completely thankless job.