How often do any of you use Avid Pro Tools Dynamics III plugin suite?

V

ValiantHeart

Any thoughts on the Avid Pro Tools stock plugin compressor that's bundled in the Dynamics III plugin suite also how often are y'all likely to reach for Dyn3 Expander/Gate and for what purpose?

Attachments

• How often do any of you use Avid Pro Tools Dynamics III plugin suite.png
    How often do any of you use Avid Pro Tools Dynamics III plugin suite.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 14
recommended
I
Excellent functional compressor that doesn't take a lot of CPU and is very transparent. Gets the job done just fine.
I

Illustrious Culture

Excellent functional compressor that doesn't take a lot of CPU and is very transparent. Gets the job done just fine.

recommended
O

OldReply

It works, but is very clean. Most vintage compressors and the best modeling plugins include upper harmonic distortion/saturation which gives it the magical tones, but for just straight-up level control, Dyn3 works fine.

G

GoldGarage

IMO the best place to start is by learning to use the stock effects like the Dynamics III plugin suite to get the job done. Especially for a beginner or someone who doesn't have experience with actual analog equipment or more advanced audio software plugins.

P

PhillyPhan

I love it for a clean transparent and functional tool. If you want a compressor for more colorful choices, use a hardware emulation, like an 1176 plugin, or an Empirical Labs EL8 Distressor Compressor sound effect.

L

lolpanda

Its range of time-constant controls is more than what most compressors offer. You can make it fast enough to do attack and release cycles on the crests and troughs of low frequencies, distorting rather interestingly.

C

ChristianThom

Haven't used it in a minute although I'm sure it works and sounds fine for clean compression. Fabfilter Software Instruments' Pro-C compressor plug-in (set on Clean mode) has replaced it for me and has the benefit of being a lot more versatile.

P

physiQQ

Horrible distortion. I don't like the tone. Very practical though for CPU i.e., conserving processing power. I consider it utility only really, and wouldn't use the sound of it as a creative choice.