Why do you prefer Pro Tools over other professional DAWs?

P

Phoenix

What's the one thing that makes Avid Pro Tools stand out from other digital audio workstations or sound editing programs, and why do you keep coming back to it?

recommended
J
First and foremost, I appreciate the audio editing tools in PT. Then there's the playlist recording, precise automation, and clear routing. The streamlined interface is also a major plus, it looks tidy and logical to me (unlike most other DAWs). I love that I can do almost everything without ever leaving the Edit window.
J

Johnny Srinivas

First and foremost, I appreciate the audio editing tools in PT. Then there's the playlist recording, precise automation, and clear routing. The streamlined interface is also a major plus, it looks tidy and logical to me (unlike most other DAWs). I love that I can do almost everything without ever leaving the Edit window.

recommended
A

Andy Yarats

My whole industry uses it, from recording, scripting, editing, delivery and mixing all in PT. I'd be the odd man out if I used anything else.

O

Old Hamster

This may sound weird but it's the routing. The signal goes where I want it, everything is logical like on an analog mixing console.

M

Melodic Resident

The routing, ease of audio editing, and having all my templates already set up are the reasons I love Pro Tools. There's really nothing Pro Tools can't do at this point that I want. The only thing I can think of that would be nice to have is the ability to just click and drag an output to an input with the mouse, similar to dragging the cables in Reason DAW.