P

Pluto FM

Hey everyone! I'm new to singing and song production and I recently ran into a little problem while recording. As I was putting the final touches on my latest track, I noticed that my vocals were not in-sync with the beat of the song. I'm not sure how to properly fix this issue and was hoping some of you could help me out here. Any advice, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

recommended
W
You have no choice but to re-record the vocals in sync with the instrumental if you want the vocal performance to sound natural. BTW, don't use any audio plug-ins that will likely add more latency whilst you are printing your voice into your DAW e.g., lookahead brickwall limiters, audio compressors, and some parametric EQs. Just track your voice parts as is and edit them later with your preferred sound effects on your Vox mixer channels or a Vox group channel that's how you normally do it.
W

William Bill

You have no choice but to re-record the vocals in sync with the instrumental if you want the vocal performance to sound natural. BTW, don't use any audio plug-ins that will likely add more latency whilst you are printing your voice into your DAW e.g., lookahead brickwall limiters, audio compressors, and some parametric EQs. Just track your voice parts as is and edit them later with your preferred sound effects on your Vox mixer channels or a Vox group channel that's how you normally do it.

recommended
M

Mtendere

You might have some plug-ins causing latency upon recording. Turn off the plug-ins when you record. See how it comes out or maybe try a little bit of quantization.

C

Congo Dust

You might have some plug-ins causing latency upon recording. Turn off the plug-ins when you record. See how it comes out or maybe try a little bit of quantization.

I wouldn't advise quantizing. Quantization can do what it thinks is more mathematically correct but it doesn't know what sounds better or not. Editing manually sentence by sentence is the first step in addressing issues like this.

C

Christoffer

Celemony's Melodyne has a feature for fixing vocals that are out of time, but you still need to tweak the results a lot, because even small mistakes in audio quantizing can sound very unpleasant. if you already have one track with perfect quantization you can use SynchroArts VocAlign to make the other tracks sound similar.

F

Fuego

For a lead instrument like vocals, I find quantizing can create too many unpleasant artifacts, and tend to opt for the dragging-around approach if really necessary. Spending time getting the performance right is usually so much better in terms of time spent and the quality of end result.

H

Henry

Well, FL Studio has come a long way and I give them credit for trying to incorporate audio recording but it just isn't there yet. PreSonus Studio One and Avid's Protools.

This is wrong. Vocals being out of rhythm or time has got nothing to do with FL Studio.