Bla Jedza

apprentice
I know certain Zimdancehall artistes and Zimdanchall producers are affiliated with Jacaranda Media Group.

But what's really the relationship between Jacaranda Media Group and Zimdancehall music industry?

Black Panther

grand master
Jacaranda Media Group is a Distro music company.

It's quite similar to how these companies operate:
  • Jungle Entertainment Ventures.
  • Sony/ATVMusic Publishing.
  • Universal Music Publishing Group.

Scorpio

grand master
Jacaranda Media Group is a Distro music company.

It's quite similar to how these companies operate:
  • Jungle Entertainment Ventures.
  • Sony/ATVMusic Publishing.
  • Universal Music Publishing Group.

You shouldn't compare Jacaranda Media Group to big things like Sony/ATVMusic Publishing and Universal Music Publishing Group. :sneaky:

Black Panther

grand master
You shouldn't compare Jacaranda Media Group to big things like Sony/ATVMusic Publishing and Universal Music Publishing Group. :sneaky:

I am not comparing the market cap of these businesses that is not the point here.

Obviously, Universal Music Group artists like Drake literary eclipse everything on either Jacaranda Media Group or Jungle Entertainment Ventures.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I am not comparing the market cap of these businesses that is not the point here.

Obviously, Universal Music Group artists like Drake literary eclipse everything on either Jacaranda Media Group or Jungle Entertainment Ventures.

Legend has it that, it's your boy Mudiwa Hood' who has more money than Drake.

Disclaimer: Don't quote me on that.

Scorpio

grand master

Oan, if you are a Zimdanchall artiste why would you need another middle-man like Jacaranda Media Group to distribute your music to Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal and Amazon Music when they literary use CD Baby instead of you just signing up with CD Baby directly?

Borrowdale Barron

grand master

Attachments

• Zimbabwe Music Business - Jacaranda Media Group.png
    Zimbabwe Music Business - Jacaranda Media Group.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 541

Black Panther

grand master
But it says, ℗ Jacaranda Media Group.

You can't distribute someone's music without a contractual agreement of managing sound recording copyrights ℗ on their behalf for an agreed-upon period of time.

So, for the time being, it means Chillspot Records have agreed (based on Jacaranda Media Group's T's and C's) to let them take ownership of Bitcoin Riddim and distribute it on DSPs.

Queen

grand master
Oan, if you are a Zimdanchall artiste why would you need another middle-man like Jacaranda Media Group to distribute your music to Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music when they literary use CD Baby instead of you just signing up with CD Baby directly.

Why are you saying Jacaranda Media Group is a middle-man?

Scorpio

grand master
Why are you saying Jacaranda Media Group is a middle-man?

CB Baby takes a commission of 15% of the money earned from music publishing royalties leaving Zimdancehall artists with 85% of the music publishing royalties.

This means if Jacaranda Media Group comes into the picture they will also take another percentage in commission from Zimdancehall artists.

I am sure Chillspot Records will also take yet another commission on top. So y'all math geniuses can figure out how much a Zimdancehall artiste will make. When it's all broken down.

Black Panther

grand master
CB Baby takes a commission of 15% of the money earned from music publishing royalties leaving Zimdancehall artists with 85% of the music publishing royalties.

This means if Jacaranda Media Group comes into the picture they will also take another percentage in commission from Zimdancehall artists.

I am sure Chillspot Records will also take yet another commission on top. So y'all math geniuses can figure out how much a Zimdancehall artiste will make. When it's all broken down.

But it's Chillspot Records who would have put some of these Zimdancehall artists on in the first place.

So you to at least give credit to both DJ Fantan and Levels for working hard in Zimbabwe.