Question What Does Jacaranda Media Group Do?

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
#1
I know certain Zimdancehall artistes and Zimdanchall producers are affiliated with Jacaranda Media Group.

But what's really the relationship between Jacaranda Media Group and Zimdancehall music industry?
 
#2
Jacaranda Media Group is a Distro music company.

It's quite similar to how these companies operate:
  • Jungle Entertainment Ventures.
  • Sony/ATVMusic Publishing.
  • Universal Music Publishing Group.
 
#3
Jacaranda Media Group is a Distro music company.

It's quite similar to how these companies operate:
  • Jungle Entertainment Ventures.
  • Sony/ATVMusic Publishing.
  • Universal Music Publishing Group.
You shouldn't compare Jacaranda Media Group to big things like Sony/ATVMusic Publishing and Universal Music Publishing Group. :sneaky::sneaky:
 
#4
You shouldn't compare Jacaranda Media Group to big things like Sony/ATVMusic Publishing and Universal Music Publishing Group. :sneaky::sneaky:
I am not comparing the market cap of these businesses that is not the point here.

Obviously, Universal Music Group artists like Drake literary eclipse everything on either Jacaranda Media Group or Jungle Entertainment Ventures.
 
#5
I am not comparing the market cap of these businesses that is not the point here.

Obviously, Universal Music Group artists like Drake literary eclipse everything on either Jacaranda Media Group or Jungle Entertainment Ventures.
Legend has it that, 🗣🗣🗣 it's your boy 'Mudiwa Hood' has more money than Drake.

Disclaimer: Don't quote me on that. :giggle::giggle:
 
#6
Legend has it that it's your boy 'Mudiwa Hood' has more money than Drake.

Disclaimer: Don't quote me on that.
💀😭
 
#7
On a serious note though, isn't Jacaranda Media Group distributed by CD Baby?
 
#8
On a serious note though, isn't Jacaranda Media Group distributed by CD Baby?
I think so, yes.
 
#9
That just proves that many Zimdancehall artists in Zimbabwe aren't that smart or they are desperate.

I don't know which is which here.
 
#10
That just proves that many Zimdancehall artists in Zimbabwe aren't that smart or they are desperate. I don't know which is which there.
Why?
 
#11
Oan, if you are a Zimdanchall artiste why would you need another middle-man like Jacaranda Media Group to distribute your music to Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal and Amazon Music when they literary use CD Baby instead of you just signing up with CD Baby directly?
 
#12
How do you know Jacaranda Media Group they use CD Baby?
 
#13
How do you know Jacaranda Media Group they use CD Baby?
Because it says so on YouTube.


Zimbabwe Music Business - Jacaranda Media Group.png
 
#14
So who owns Zimdancehall Bitcoin Riddim?
 
#15
So who owns Zimdancehall Bitcoin Riddim?
It should be Levels and DJ Fantan of Chillspot Records.
 

Queen

Apprentice
1,044
25
Paris, FR
#16
Legend has it that, 🗣🗣🗣 it's your boy 'Mudiwa Hood' has more money than Drake.

Disclaimer: Don't quote me on that. :giggle::giggle:
Amana ka... :oops::rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
#17
It should be Levels and Fantan of Chillspot Records.
But it says, ℗ Jacaranda Media Group.
 
#18
But it says, ℗ Jacaranda Media Group.
You can't distribute someone's music without a contractual agreement of managing sound recording copyrights ℗ on their behalf for an agreed-upon period of time.

So, for the time being, it means Chillspot Records have agreed (based on Jacaranda Media Group's T's and C's) to let them take ownership of Bitcoin Riddim and distribute it on DSPs.
 

Queen

Apprentice
1,044
25
Paris, FR
#19
Oan, if you are a Zimdanchall artiste why would you need another middle-man like Jacaranda Media Group to distribute your music to Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music when they literary use CD Baby instead of you just signing up with CD Baby directly.
Why are you saying Jacaranda Media Group is a middle-man?
 
#20
Why are you saying Jacaranda Media Group is a middle-man?
CB Baby takes a commission of 15% of the money earned from music publishing royalties leaving Zimdancehall artists with 85% of the music publishing royalties.

This means if Jacaranda Media Group comes into the picture they will also take another percentage in commission from Zimdancehall artists.

I am sure Chillspot Records will also take yet another commission on top. So y'all math geniuses can figure out how much a Zimdancehall artiste will make. When it's all broken down.
 

••