What Is The Highest Paying Job In The Music Industry?

Black Panther

grand master
That's a tricky question because it's very difficult to come up with precise figures as to how much A-list musicians will earn in a given month or in a given year compared to the rest of the music executives or record label owners.

However, if we are generally talking about certain jobs in the music industry you bet there is no way recording, mixing, mastering engineers and other record label employees can match the money an A-list will make if they go on a world tour or better yet if they perform at an elite private function.

Numero Uno

grand master
But some songwriters like Max Martin with so many Pop music credits I can imagine them making more money than certain A-list artists including some record label owners too.

Black Panther

grand master
Yeah, most definitely successful songwriters can make huge amounts of money due to music co-publishing agreements.

But some songwriters like Max Martin with so many Pop music credits I can imagine them making more money than certain A-list artists including some record label owners too.

Scorpio

grand master
Being a successful artist pays more. And by that, I mean a global superstar, instead of being a basic artist that is only known within a country.

In reality, many modern artists are slave employees to record labels because of 360 deals. It is what it is.

Shamiso

initiate

If a person is a record label owner that doesn't mean they are an employee though.

Scorpio

grand master
If a person is a record label owner that doesn't mean they are an employee though.

You are partially correct but in the business of music artists who are already signed to a major record label can start their own record company as a side hustle and sign other artists. The possibility is there.

Basically, the act of doing so turns them into a music industry entrepreneur whilst simultaneously slaving for their music publishing royalties because of the contract they have with a major record company.

Numero Uno

grand master
You are partially correct but in the business of music artists who are already signed to a major record label can start their own record company and sign other artists. The possibility is there.

Basically, the act of doing so turns them into a music industry entrepreneur whilst simultaneously slaving for their music publishing royalties because of the contract they have with a major record company.

Aren't artists who are already signed to a major deal prohibited from starting a record company until they fulfill their music recording contract?

Scorpio

grand master
Aren't artists who are already signed to a major deal prohibited from starting a record company until they fulfill their music recording contract?

I get what you are saying. But you see, that has to be stated in the fine print when they sign a record deal.

Just like for example, in the fine print of a music record contract, most of the time (if not all) you will find lines which explicitly state: the record company will own an exclusive right to the artist's name until the contract is done.