Gossip What Does "Chimuti" Mean?

Numero Uno

Initiate
Bulawayo, ZW
If a person says 'ndini ndine chimuti' what does that mean?

Queen

Initiate
Paris, FR
'Chimuti' is the Zimbabwean slang word which means 'specter' that is often carried by a member of a ruling class e.g. a king might hold a special rod in his hand during ceremonies.

'Chimuti' can also mean 'clout' but that depends on the context the word 'chimuti' is used.

Numero Uno

Initiate
Bulawayo, ZW
'Chimuti' is the Zimbabwean slang word which means 'specter' that is often carried by a member of a ruling class e.g. a king might hold a special rod in his hand during ceremonies.

'Chimuti' can also mean 'clout' but that depends on the context the word 'chimuti' is used.

So when Zimdancehall artists make the reference of 'chimuti' in their Zimdancehall lyrics they are mainly talking about a 'specter' and not 'clout'?

Queen

Initiate
Paris, FR
So when Zimdancehall artists make the reference of 'chimuti' in their Zimdancehall lyrics they are mainly talking about a 'specter' and not 'clout'?

Pretty much, yes.

But at the same time, it can also be interpreted as clout because both definitions are correct.

If a person says 'ndini ndine chimuti' what does that mean?

Kana munhu akati 'ndini ndine chimuti' zvinoreva kuti 'ndiye arikutonga' oro 'ndiye arikurira' vamwe vachingowukura.

Bla Jedza

Initiate
I think the act of constantly saying to yourself 'ndini ndine chimuti' is basically a way of showing your lack of self-esteem.

If someone is genuinely good they shouldn't continuously remind the world about it. Those are my $0.02 though.

I think the act of constantly saying to yourself 'ndini ndine chimuti' is basically a way of showing your lack of self-esteem.

If someone is genuinely good they shouldn't continuously remind the world about it. Those are my $0.02 though.

What you are saying is not how things work on modern-day social media because with the rise of desperate wannabe slay queens in Zimbabwe olosho will support olosho and braggadocious behavior of putting others down is their forte.

Reactions: Scorpio

Bla Jedza

Initiate
What you are saying is not how things work on modern-day social media because with the rise of desperate wannabe slay queens in Zimbabwe olosho will support olosho and braggadocious behavior of putting others down is their forte.

At the end of the day, a good name is better than riches.

Queen

Initiate
Paris, FR

Do you think success is rated by having the most beautiful and eye-catching pictures on Instagram? :unsure:

Do you think success is rated by having the most beautiful and eye-catching pictures on Instagram? :unsure:

I simply highlighted why you may often come across people who make reference to themselves having 'chimuti' on social media.

You are right about that and in addition let me say this: mumu attracts mumu... :giggle: There is a very thin line between confidence and arrogance.

You are right about that and in addition let me say this: mumu attracts mumu... :giggle: There is a very thin line between confidence and arrogance.

Vanity upon Vanity. 😂😂😂😂😩😩😩

Vanity upon Vanity. 😂😂😂😂😩😩😩

Yeah, you can have money and still have a poor man mentality.

Bla Jedza

Initiate
Yeah, you can have money and still have a poor man mentality.

Except being broke ain't funny though.

••